The experience begins with a thorough pre flight brief on safety, how the Gyrocopter works and familiarisation with the controls so people may take control during the flight, if they wish.
A quality, unhurried experience.
This is a fantastic opportunity to have a trial flight in a gyrocopter, whilst flying through and over some of the most stunning countryside the UK has to offer. This includes the Lake District where we are based but also parts of the Yorkshire Dales and Cumbria’s beautiful Eden Valley and even Hadrian’s Wall.
You will experience the sheer thrill of taking control of the aircraft – with the knowledge that you will be flying with one of the Country’s most experienced Gyrocopter pilots.You can fly in control for as much as little of the flight as you like, the choice is yours!
The Experience begins with a short introduction into how the Gyrocopter flies, how the controls work – and an all important safety brief. Flying suits and helmets will be supplied. During the flight, all the controls will be demonstrated to you and you will then be invited to take the controls and fly the Gyrocopter – and if you’re happy, it’s ‘yours’ for the rest of the flight. (Obviously the aircraft has dual controls, so your instructor can take over at any time during the flight)
Whether you want the experience the exhilaration of being in control,or you just want the instructor to fly for much of the time,leaving you free to take in the beautiful countryside around and even take some photos – it’s entirely up to you!….this is definitely a flying lesson and experience with a difference!
Flights;What we offer:
- A 30minute Gyrocopter Experience.
- A 60 minute Experience.
- A 90 minute experience.
- The possibility of a flight or flights,moulded to any exact requirements you or you friends or family may have,subject to prevailing weather conditions.
The upper weight limit is 15 stone.
The 30 minute Gyrocopter Experience
Typically, after take off from Berrier, the route would include a flight along the dramatic craggy flanks of Blencathra to Keswick and Derwentwater and then to the Ullswater valley to fly the length of this most beautiful of all Lakes and then return, via Pooley Bridge, to Berrier. Alternatively, an extended flight around the Ullswater Valley and taking in the beautiful Lowther Valley, including Lowther Castle, before returning to Berrier.
The 60 minute Gyrocopter Experience
There are several options available including;
- The Lakes Experience. Take off from Berrier,head south via Ullswater, Kirkstone Pass and fly along the shores of Windermere toward Morecambe Bay, head west to Coniston nd then north via Langdale, Grasmere, Thirlmere and on to Borrowdale and Derwentwater before returning to Berrier.
- Hadrian’s Wall Experience. Fly over the lovely Eden Valley to Hadrian’s Wall, including Vindolanda and Housteads.
- The Coast Experience. Fly from Berrier via Blencathra and the Bassenthwaite valley to the Cumbrian coast. Fly along the beaches of the Upper Solway Firth toward the Scottish Border, before returning via Caldback to Berrier.
- A ‘full-on’ flying lesson,using a lovely grass airstrip, deep in the Eden Valley to experience some take offs and landings and to experience in more detail, the sheer versatility of these wonderful aircraft.
The 90 minute Gyrocopter Experience –The Ultimate!
There are several options available including;
- An extended Lake District flight experience,including not only the central Lakes but also the Western Fells,flying west from Langdale to Eskdale via Wrynose and Hardknott Pass.Wasdale,Ennerdale,Loweswater,Crummock and Buttermere and back to Berrier via Honister or Newlands Pass.
- Lakes and Settle to Carlisle Railway.The route,Berrier,Ullswater,Kirkstone,Windermere and then east to toward Ingleton in the Yorkshire Dales and the magnificent Ribblehead viaduct,before following the stunningly beautiful and dramatic route of the famous Settle to Carlisle railway line,north through the Dales valleys to Mallerstang and the Eden Valley to Appleby before returning to base via Haweswater.Weather permitting – this is a brilliant and breath-taking trip!.
- Hadrian’s Wall.The route,over the Eden Valley to Talkin Tarn on the edge of the Pennines to the Upper Tyne Valley to fly along the length of the wall at it’s most dramatic point at the top of the Pennines,then to Vindolanda and Housesteads before returning,weather permitting,via Alston in the North Pennines,before descending back into the Eden Valley and back to the Lake District and Berrier.
Please note. All flights are subject to suitable and safe weather conditions.Safety is our number one priority at all times.
Berrier our base airstrip is on the edge of the Lake District National Park and therefore in an area of world-renown outstanding natural Beauty with a very dramatic landscape of mountains,lakes and beautiful Valleys. Berrier however is very easy and convenient to get to,at less than 7 miles from Junction 40 of the M6 at Penrith,along the main A66 toward Keswick. All of the Gyrocopter Experience flights on offer are the ultimate in terms of being sometimes slightly challenging,very exhilarating,most certainly breathtaking…. and hugely memorable.